Postpartum Doula Services
Informed Birth Choices offers postpartum doula services for mothers-to-be in Maryland and D.C. Our doulas are all trained though DONA International. With many doulas to choose from, IBC has a doula to fit every need. Hiring a postpartum doula allows mothers to be supported in a variety of ways that help to ease the transition to parenthood.
Cost for services:
Daytime: $150 + $25/hr
Nighttime: $150 + $35/hr
What you can expect when you hire an IBC Postpartum Doula:
- An initial, no cost, consultation to discuss your post-birth expectations
- Parents can opt for a comprehensive prenatal visit to discuss post-birth plans and cover personal preferences
- On-call period to begin services two weeks prior to your due date
- Flexible packages for services based on clients needs
- Phone/email support offered from birth until the conclusion of contracted services
- Postpartum doula support includes: non-medical physical, emotional, and informational support, help with self-care recovery, postpartum comfort measures, infant care, parenting information, assistance with learning to feed and care for baby.
- Additionally postpartum doula support can include preparing simple meals, getting frequent drinks, light household organization, and running errands.