Informed Birth Choices offers doula services for mothers-to-be in Maryland and D.C. Our doulas are all trained though DONA International. With many doulas to choose from, IBC has a doula to fit every need and budget. Having an IBC doula on your birth team means you are one step closer to achieving the birth you are hoping for.
If you choose an IBC doula, she will accompany you through labor to help ensure a safe and fulfilling birth experience. Your birth doula will draw on her knowledge and skills to provide physical, emotional, and informational support to everyone present at the birth. Her role as your labor support is to help you have a satisfying birth as you define it.
The IBC Doula fee includes:
- An initial consultation to discuss your birth expectations
- A comprehensive prenatal visit to discuss your birth plans in detail and cover personal relaxation techniques that you may use during your birth
- Birth plan preparation assistance
- Phone/email support offered through pregnancy until two weeks postpartum
- On-call 24/7 two weeks prior to and two weeks following your due date
- Continuous support throughout labor
- Postnatal support, including breastfeeding, immediately following the birth until the family is ready for quiet time together (typically two hours following the birth)
- Postnatal visit in your home to discuss the birth, answer any questions, offer breastfeeding support, provide referrals, share baby care tips, etc.
- In the unlikely event an emergency prevents your doula from attending your birth, the entire group of IBC doulas share back-up. Rest assured a doula with the same birthing philosophy and high standard of training will serve as back-up until your doula is able to attend you. IBC doulas attend no more than two births per month. This helps ensure your doula will be present on your birth day.
- Upon request, IBC will provide you with an invoice and description of services to facilitate your submission for reimbursement to your insurance provider.
Cost: $895 / $1070 (varies by doula); $100 travel fee for DC area births